FedEx and the United Parcel Service (UPS) are two of the most extensive delivery services in the world. The increase in online shopping has necessitated the boom of the delivery industry and its vehicles, including vans, box trucks, and semi-trucks. As a result, millions of customers receive familiar brown boxes and white or yellow envelopes at their doorsteps daily. Unfortunately, while they provide a necessary and valuable service, FedEx and UPS trucks can be involved in accidents. And, these large commercial vehicles can cause severe accidents with serious injuries.
Our Florida FedEx and UPS Accident Lawyers have handled countless personal injury claims involving commercial trucks. With years of litigation experience and millions recovered for accident victims, we have what it takes to win your case.
If you sustained injuries in a FedEx or UPS truck accident, contact a skilled Florida truck accident lawyer today. You may be entitled to seek compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain & suffering, and more.
How Common Are FedEx And UPS Truck Accidents?
According to the Federal Motor Safety Administration (FMCSA), FedEx had thousands of accidents in the past several years. Unsafe driving behaviors and defective equipment violations caused many of those accidents. Here are some of the most frequent offenses cited by FMCSA from 2018-2020:
- Speeding (10 mph above the speed limit) – 505 violations
- Failure to obey traffic signals – 434 violations
- Lane restriction violation – 407 violations
- Speeding (14 mph above the speed limit) – 359 violations
- Speeding (more than 15 mph above the limit) 290 violations
- hazardous tire inflation – 268 violations
- Faulty turn signals – 227 violations
- Cell Phone use while operating commercial vehicle – 216 violations
- Poor or defective vehicle lighting/inadequate reflective material – 195 violations
- Defective parking brake system – 148 violations
- Faulty brakes – 142 violations
- Dangerous tire tread level – 135 violations
- Improper lane changes – 101 violations
Some of these violations were the driver’s mistakes, while others reflect an error in the company’s maintenance practices. You will need a team of skilled attorneys to help investigate your case and establish liability. Proving that negligence on their part caused your accident is imperative to the success of your case.
For help with your accident case, consider retaining a Florida FedEx and UPS truck accident lawyer.
What Causes FedEx and UPS Delivery Truck Accidents?
Due to the demand for deliveries and packages, drivers face immense pressure to meet deadlines. We rely on them to bring online orders, gifts, and essential documents on time. Sometimes, this comes at the expense of roadway safety. An accident with a FedEx and UPS can result in severe injuries or even wrongful death.
Some common causes of FedEx and UPS accidents include:
- Negligent driving
- Driving while tired
- Disobeying traffic laws
- Distracted driving
- Reckless lane switching
- Running a red light
- Road rage
- Negligent driver hiring, training, or supervision
- Failure to adequately maintain company trucks
You should be able to hold both the driver and the company accountable, depending on your case details. An experienced Florida FedEx and UPS Accident Lawyer will know how to make the most of your claim. We will hire experts to investigate your case and determine the exact cause of the accident. We will ensure that you get quality medical care. Most importantly, we will be there to support you and your family.
Do I Need To Hire A Florida FedEx and UPS Accident Lawyer
FedEx and UPS are big companies with lots of resources. They do not simply hand out money for no reason. But, with the help of one of our experienced attorneys, we will help level the playing field. In every case, we will strategically position your case to maximize the value of your claim.
How Much Can I Get From A FedEx Or UPS Truck Accident Settlement?
While regular car accidents don’t usually involve tedious disputes over liability, that’s not the case with a merchant truck. In addition, the damages involved in a FedEx or UPS truck accident are almost always more severe than normal accidents.
When an individual gets into a motor vehicle collision, there isn’t much at stake for either party. However, as corporate companies, they have their reputation on the line.
Not only do they want to keep face, but they also want to avoid paying significant settlements. However, if you were involved in a FedEx or UPS truck accident, you could win a huge settlement. The main reasons why payments with FedEx or UPS tend to be larger than typical car accident settlements are:
- Truck accidents almost always result in more severe accidents. Compared to a regular passenger vehicle, the truck’s massive size also means the victim usually sustains more damage.
- Since FedEx and UPS are large commercial entities, they have higher insurance liability limits. If your case goes to trial, a jury will sympathize with you. They understand that commercial delivery companies like FedEx and UPS can afford to compensate you for your injuries fairly.
We Will Stand Up For You Against Big Trucking Companies
Our Florida FedEx and UPS truck accident lawyers can bolster your case. That’s because we know what to look for and how to conduct a thorough investigation. Our legal professionals will investigate the company and find details on how they maintain their delivery truck service. Any evidence of negligence or violations of regulations can provide strong evidence in your favor. We will investigate to find out:
- Whether the company implemented proper care and maintenance schedules for their vehicles
- If the driver who caused the accident was adequately trained
- If their driver followed all company driving guidelines
- Whether the driver had an unrealistic deadline to complete
- Was the driver distracted or otherwise negligent?
Delivery companies like FedEx and UPS impose strict guidelines for their drivers. It’s to ensure that their drivers and others stay safe on the road. However, any falter from the guidelines is a reason to hold the driver accountable.
Experienced Florida FedEx and UPS Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Our Florida FedEx and UPS Accident Lawyers are prepared to help you and your family. In addition, we have extensive experience negotiating settlements on behalf of our clients. We will always keep your best interests in mind.
If you have sustained injuries in a FedEx or UPS truck accident, we are here to help. Don’t deal with such a traumatic event alone. Let us handle the complex legal proceedings on your behalf so you can focus on recovering and getting your life back on track.
Contact us today for a free case review or call (727) 381-2300