Riverview Car Accident Lawyer
In Riverview, car crashes are common occurrences, unfortunately. But nothing about a car accident seems common if you’ve been injured in one. The harm you suffer in a wreck can have a lasting impact on your life. If you were hurt in a car accident caused by someone else, you should not be left to deal with the burdens alone. You could be owed compensation for the injuries and other losses you sustained. Talk to a Riverview car accident lawyer now about your legal rights.
Personal Injury Attorneys McQuaid & Douglas can help you pursue a claim for financial compensation against those responsible for your car accident injuries. We can act as your advocates throughout your claim, including helping you get the medical treatment and specialized care you need for your injuries, arranging car repairs and transportation, and handling communication with the insurance companies on your behalf. While we handle your legal options, you can focus on your recovery with peace of mind that your interests are in trusted hands.
Contact us now for a free case review with a Riverview car accident attorney.
How Our Riverview Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Hillsborough County, don’t try to deal with the insurance companies and defense attorneys on your own. Our Riverview car accident lawyers can help with all aspects of preparing and pursuing your legal claim, including:
- Explaining what to expect as we move through the claims process and what you can do to help your case
- Investigating the auto accident, including collecting details from the crash scene, reviewing police accident reports, talking to witnesses, and obtaining any available surveillance camera footage that may have captured the collision
- Collaborating with accident reconstruction experts when necessary to determine exactly what happened in your wreck
- Building an effective case that explains persuasively how the accident occurred and identifies the party or parties at fault
- Drafting your demand package for the total cost of your injuries and managing all communication with the insurance companies
- Handling negotiations with insurance adjusters on your behalf for fair and full compensation in a settlement
- Preparing your case for trial from the start, so that the insurance companies know we’ll fight as hard as necessary for the results you deserve
What Compensation Can Be Recovered in a Car Accident Claim?
If you’ve been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you might be able to recover compensation through a personal injury claim against the party or parties that hurt you. This compensation could cover the losses caused by your injuries, such as:
- Costs of medical treatment, including surgeries, medication, physical therapy, and out-of-pocket expenses for medical or mobility equipment
- Long-term care costs, such as home health services
- Lost income from work missed during your recovery
- Lost future earning ability due to long-term or permanent disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Reduced life expectancy
- Lost ability to participate in activities you previously enjoyed
Common Injury Cases We Handle from Car Accidents in Riverview
Depending on the severity of the crash, you may be struggling to cope with a wide variety of physical injuries. Personal Injury Attorneys McQuaid & Douglas have helped clients recover financial compensation after suffering devastating car wreck injuries, including:
- Fractured bones
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Back injuries and spinal cord injuries
- Head injuries and traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Traumatic amputations
What to Do After a Car Accident in Riverview
After a car accident in Riverview, you can take steps to help your legal claim for compensation from the at-fault driver or other liable parties.
- At the scene, call the police and get the contact and insurance information from each motorist involved in the crash. Also get the names and contact information for any witnesses. Take photos or videos of the accident scene, if you can, making sure to capture details such as vehicle damage, skid marks on the road, traffic controls at the scene, the weather, and traffic conditions. Also take photos of any visible injuries.
- See a doctor immediately to diagnose the injuries you suffered in the accident. Follow all the treatment recommendations and instructions your doctor gives you. If you delay seeking treatment, the other side might argue that you were not as seriously injured as you claim or that your injuries were not caused by the accident.
- Never discuss the accident or your case on social media. If you’re undergoing treatment for your injuries, avoid posting selfies of physical activities. Insurers often try to use victims’ social media profiles to attack the victims’ credibility.
- Keep copies of all bills, invoices, and receipts for medical treatment and other expenses you incur during your recovery. Also, ask for copies of your paystubs or income statements if you miss time from work.
One of the most important calls you can make after a crash is to a seasoned car accident attorney in Riverview. Your attorney can protect your rights from the very beginning and fight for the full compensation you need to recover.
How Long After a Car Accident Can You Claim Injury?
Florida law limits the time you have to file a lawsuit for compensation after you’ve been injured in a car accident. This time limit is known as the statute of limitations and requires you to bring your lawsuit within four years of the date of the accident. If you wait too long to file a lawsuit and the statute of limitations expires on your claim, the court can permanently dismiss your case.
A knowledgeable Riverview car accident lawyer can help you take action immediately to ensure time doesn’t run out on your claim.
Trusted Car Accident Attorneys Serving Crash Victims in Riverview and Surrounding Areas
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Riverview, Apollo Beach, Sun City Center, Brandon, or anywhere else in the Tampa Bay area, turn to the trusted car accident lawyers at Personal Injury Attorneys McQuaid & Douglas. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation so you can learn more about your legal rights and options for pursuing a claim for financial compensation. Don’t let an insurance company push you around. Demand fair compensation with our help.